The online microphone tester will easily tell you if your microphone is working – right in your browser!
Just click ‘Allow’ (above) to test your microphone. If it’s working, you should see audio waveforms below when speaking.
Waiting for microphone…
The online mic tester will work with Windows or Mac, in almost any browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.). It doesn’t appear to work in Safari though (if it does, let me know!)
If it’s not working, here are a few things to double-check:
- Make sure you have a built-in microphone or that your external microphone is connected and turned on
- Did you tell your browser to allow access to the microphone?
- Is your microphone on mute?
- Is your microphone turned up?
- Is the microphone selected as the input source in your system settings?
- Try refreshing the page
Have a broken microphone? Find a new USB mic here.
We have tested the mic tester with:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- OS X 10.9: Mavericks
- OS X 10.10: Yosemite
- OS X 10.11: El Capitan
- macOS 10.12: Sierra
- macOS 10.13: High Sierra
- macOS 10.14: Mojave
- macOS 10.15: Catalina
If this was useful, please share!