The PodMic is a small dynamic cardioid end-address microphone designed to be used for podcasting and streaming.
It is tuned for speech and broadcast use, and works great whether you are recording in a professional studio or a noisy office. It has a rich, warm, and crisp sound.
The PodMic is made of all metal with a ceramic finish.
You can really feel the weight and sturdiness of this mic!
Some of the features that help keep the sound clean include:
- A dual-layer mesh and an internal pop filter to help avoid plosives and sibilance.
- An internal shockmount so that bumps on the table or mount don’t transfer into the mic.
- Integrated heavy-duty swing mount that further reduce vibrations.
When you pair the PodMic with the Rodecaster Pro, there is some magic DSP (Digital Signal Processing) that automatically enhances your the depth and presence of your voice.
I recorded the Podcast Deals, Coupons & Promo Codes 🎉 episode of Set Sail with the PodMic and Rodecaster Pro – listen here:
For $99 US, this is an excellent value and makes it really easy sound great no matter your podcasting experience or skill level.
You don’t need to get an external shock mount, but you will need a stand of some kind.
For a closer look, check out the official PodMic intro video from Rode:
Official PodMic Specs:
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Output Connector: XLR
- Weight: 937 g
- Dimensions: 172 mm x 109 mm x 62 mm